[SEL] Corn-gas a BUST!

Tony & Jackie kimmell at verizon.net
Wed Sep 26 18:21:24 PDT 2007

At 03:30 PM 9/25/2007, you wrote:
>G'Day Arnie
>
>wrong, the other "fact" is that you need to buy less
>from the towel heads, screw them help your farmers
>first
>
>Kerry

That's the MOST IMPORTANT fact in my mind.  Ethanol isn't going to
help since not all cars can run on it and the ones that can use it
loose 15-20% of their fuel mileage since it has less BTU's per gallon.

Now, biodiesel is the one worth supporting, although the morons over
here in the US have been scared away from diesels ever since GM
brought out the 350 diesel bomb back in 1977.  Biodiesel can be run
in ANY engine, and no modifications need to be made (might need to
replace fuel lines in really old cars).  Most diesels will run BETTER
on bio than they do on regular diesel.  The raw material for making
bio (vegetable oil) is also in ready supply.  We already make
millions of gallons of it each year for frying and cooking, and that
oil is thrown out or recycled after it's used.  Why not recycle it
into biodiesel?

I fully support biodiesel even though I'm in no way a GREEN
person.  I could care less about the environmental aspects of it.  If
it helps us buy less oil from the terrorists, then I'm all about it.

-Tony