[SEL] Bamford on eBay

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 18:29:42 PDT 2007

On 23/09/2007, David Rotigel <rotigel at alltel.net> wrote:

> On Sep 22, 2007, at 8:23 AM, Listerdiesel wrote:
> > Looks like the OV1 5hp vertical, like the way he says:
> > "Low starting price, no reserve"
> > It's too high a starting price for the unit, although it is probably
> > worth the asking price.
> > If he had started at £250 he would probably have sold it for £300+
> > Peter
>
> WOW Peter, A similar unit on this side of the pond (with a Hercules
> or Witte engine) would sell for at least US$1,800.00 (maybe MORE.)
> Perhaps I'm missing something--what is the current exchange rate?
>         Dave

Firstly, it is not a 'rare' or collectable engine, although it is interesting.

Secondly it is a heavy lump and therefore not as easily handled than a
smaller engine, which would put people off over here. Different if it
had been a 'Tulip Top' Bamford which is much more collectable.

Exchange rate is $2.009 to the £STG at present.

Don't forget also that we don't have the heavy transportation kit over
here that you guys have in the 'States, most people only have family
cars with less than a ton total trailer weight. People like us who are
able to use the larger vans etc for towing are a minority generally.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com