[SEL] O.T. Please identify this "lamp"

Bill Brueck b2 at chooka.net
Tue Sep 18 17:04:52 PDT 2007

Jerry, the observations about this maybe being a generator instead of a lamp
are a good bet, based upon the outlet fixture.  I have several generators,
most of which fed a tip and reflector so the lamp was not affixed directly
to the generator.  These are inclined to be larger units, with the generator
worn on the belt.

That said, I did look for something like this in my lamp picture book and
came up empty.  The design of yours of clamping the bottom up to the top by
use of the bail is unusual; most lamps had a bottom that screwed onto the
top part of the lamp, much like a lid to a jar.  I did find one that had
clamping design like yours from the Wolf Safety Lamp Company, but otherwise
it differed from yours.

There is likely a name on the lamp somewhere when you get to cleaning it up.
I'd be interested in knowing what you find about a manufacturer.

Regards,

B²

Bill Brueck
   Chatfield, Minnesota, USA

Confusion is a higher state of knowledge than ignorance.