[SEL] Amsoil two stroke oil...two stroke for older engines

MaytagTwin at aol.com MaytagTwin at aol.com
Mon Sep 17 20:37:25 PDT 2007

To Whom it may concern:

When, many years ago, I had a small outboard cruiser with two 35 HP  Evinrude
two cylinder outboard engines, the engines being built around 1958, the
manufacture suggested their brand of two stroke oil or, they said 30 weight
non-detergent engine oil would do as well. I bought Mobil brand 30 weight
non-detergent in five gallon cans and mixed it at 16 to 1, exactly as the  Evinrude
company and never had any trouble with those engines.  I see no  reason why the
same oil wouldn't do well in the Maytag engines.  The 92  running without load
will do an excellent job of driving mosquitoes away.

What would be fun to try would be to add a little moly to the fuel.   It
might keep those bearings cool even without much oil.  I used to use it  in the
oil of an aircooled VW with good results.

Ron Carroll
Maytag Corral
Clearmont, MIssouri