[SEL] Maytags always steal the show !!

jlb94 at juno.com jlb94 at juno.com
Wed Sep 12 21:13:42 PDT 2007

Hey, Joe,

That stock looks very nice, but a bit too new for me.
=        =        =        =        =        =        =        =        =
       =        =        =
Hi Alan,  & Tommy - - -

That stock ain't new.  I found it at a flea market for $3.  It is made of
oak
and the rear part of the stock was formed but the front was still square.
I cut a channel in the top and shaved the front till I thought it looked
pretty good.
Then I cut through where the trigger would go and had an electrician
friend bend me some 3/4 conduit.
You can hear it "cracking" all over the show.  Has a pretty distinctive
sound.
Yes - - - Maytags are a bit "nerve wracking".  So I usually don't run it
too long.
It also swivels so I can aim it toward Dave if he's in the area.
=        =        =        =        =        =        =        =        =
       =
Tommy,

Yes - It's about shoulder height.
It also has a "slip Joint" just below where the trigger would be and
slips
off the stand for transporting.

I don't want to say I was the first but, I had no one to copy from so,
it's pretty
much my own idea.

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com - - - www.oldengine.org/members/betz
,-._,-.      http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz
\/)"(\/     "¨A road map tells you everything
(_o_)                   except how to refold it".