[SEL] Maytags always steal the show !!

Peter Lowe plowe at exemail.com.au
Mon Sep 10 15:49:11 PDT 2007

Hi Mark
Don't let those devil worshipers upset you mate, my cousin came to stay last
weekend and I took him out to the shed. I was looking around for an engine
that had fuel in it to start one for him. I shook the Maytag 72 twin and
found that there was about 3/4" of old fuel still in there. Now this engine
has not been started for well over twelve months and that fuel was stale, I
started second push from my hand, not kicked, as it sits high on a stand.
The reason it took two kicks was I forgot to open the air valve first. It
ran the smokiest it had ever run as I guess the gas had evaporated a little
leaving a higher concentration of oil. I normally run it at 40:1 and have
since 1999. I then gave it a drink of fresh fuel and it purrrred like a
kitten with just a whisper of that tell tale smoke.
This is the engine/motor I bought off our big buddy Leroy Clarke at Portland
1999.
Ahhh, love that two stroke smell, if it was not smoking you would not know
it was running amongst all those loud H&M one lungers ;-)))

Peter, Oz