[SEL] Buyer's remorse

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Wed Oct 31 08:39:05 PDT 2007

Here's another topic:

Have you ever bought an engine that you later wish you'd never bought?

In my case I bought a 2hp New Holland engine. It's a nice engine.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4019318&a=32584162&p=7584525
6&f=0

So.... Where's the remorse?

As I posted earlier, I've been leaning more towards vertical engines
which the NH obviously is not.

This past weekend I saw a vertical R&V engine I would sure like to have
and could have bought if I hadn't bought the NH engine. Having limited
funds for buying engines can be a problem when there are so many engines
out there to buy ;-)

Several years ago I picked up a 5hp Galloway for a friend.  My friend
had made the deal and I went to get the engine and pay the seller.  The
seller delivered the engine to a show that I was at and I was busy doing
stuff when the seller showed up with the engine.  I had him transfer it
to my pickup bed and paid him for the engine.

After the seller left I had time to look at the engine and found that it
was basically a piece of crap.  There were broken, cracked, repaired,
missing, etc. parts all over the engine.  There was hardly a piece of
the engine that didn't have some problem or repair made to it.

I've always regretted getting that engine and wish that I'd told the
seller to just keep it as it was in much worse condition than the photos
had shown.

George