[SEL] New Toyota's with old technology

Bill Brueck b2 at chooka.net
Mon Oct 29 14:27:31 PDT 2007

The term Atkinson apparently has come to refer to a design where the
intake/compression and the power/exhaust cycles are of different
displacement.  It does not refer to the neat arrangement of levers that the
original Atkinson demonstrated.  And the power stroke per revolution.  Big
disappointment!

Thus holding the intake valve open a little longer and robbing part of the
compression stroke produces the same differential in displacement between
the intake and the power strokes.

B²

507 289 4824

Confusion is a higher state of knowledge than ignorance.