[SEL] E-bay Bidding Suscipious!!

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Thu Oct 25 07:55:19 PDT 2007

Right, If they do not understand the proxy bid system.    Mark

At 10:38 AM 10/25/07, you wrote:
>Newbe bidders sometimes bid like that too.
>They just don't know any better.
>
>Mark Shulaw <frappi at wcoil.com> wrote: Private listings are controlled by
>the seller. Its an option that can be
>selected. You will see your bidder ID as you are a bidder but you will not
>see the others.
>For example with things like sexually explicit or high dollar items many
>times its prefered by the buyer to remain anonymous for obvious reasons.
>That said,
>That many bids on a set of machinist CDs?????   The numbers of the bids
>make me wonder. They are probably fishing to uncover the high bidder by a
>dollar to poke the bid up as high as they can. Once they uncover your high
>bid by one dollar the hopes is you will bid again. This used to be very
>common and still happens some but Ebay usually catches it, especially if
>someone reports suspicious bidder activity.                       TTYL,  Mark
>

>At 09:30 AM 10/25/07, you wrote:
> >Apparently this is a "new EBay thing" that a seller has no control over.
> >One of my recent listings came up that way (don't recall which one) & I
> >sure didn't set it up that way.  Not something EBay should be able to
> >control imho!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> >Lew Best near Waco, TX

Mark & Christine Shulaw
454 Co. Rd. 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817  USA            Email: Frappi at wcoil.com

Your one stop on line source for Maytag Multi-Motor parts.
Parts lists available on request.

Weekdays & Saturday 10 AM to 9 PM Eastern Time 419.358.5206
No Sunday calls if possible.
I am not an employee or licensed dealer for Maytag Corp. Nor do I represent
them in any way shape or form. I am only a Collector, Preservationist and
hobby dealer of Maytag manufactured items of old.   Mark