[SEL] E-bay Bidding Suscipious!!

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Thu Oct 25 07:22:23 PDT 2007

Private listings are controlled by the seller. Its an option that can be
selected. You will see your bidder ID as you are a bidder but you will not
see the others.
For example with things like sexually explicit or high dollar items many
times its prefered by the buyer to remain anonymous for obvious reasons.
That said,
That many bids on a set of machinist CDs?????   The numbers of the bids
make me wonder. They are probably fishing to uncover the high bidder by a
dollar to poke the bid up as high as they can. Once they uncover your high
bid by one dollar the hopes is you will bid again. This used to be very
common and still happens some but Ebay usually catches it, especially if
someone reports suspicious bidder activity.                       TTYL,  Mark

At 09:30 AM 10/25/07, you wrote:
>Apparently this is a "new EBay thing" that a seller has no control over.
>One of my recent listings came up that way (don't recall which one) & I
>sure didn't set it up that way.  Not something EBay should be able to
>control imho!!!!!!!!!!
>
>Lew Best near Waco, TX

Mark & Christine Shulaw
454 Co. Rd. 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817  USA            Email: Frappi at wcoil.com

Your one stop on line source for Maytag Multi-Motor parts.
Parts lists available on request.

Weekdays & Saturday 10 AM to 9 PM Eastern Time 419.358.5206
No Sunday calls if possible.
I am not an employee or licensed dealer for Maytag Corp. Nor do I represent
them in any way shape or form. I am only a Collector, Preservationist and
hobby dealer of Maytag manufactured items of old.   Mark