[SEL] SEL Digest, Vol 43, Issue 22

Bruce Younger sluggo54 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 23 09:37:00 PDT 2007

"Dave Ernst suggested catsup (we call it tomato sauce). It works due to the acid (I'm not sure which one, is it ascetic or citric) in the tomato sauce."

Jerry, it's a weak acetic acid, some from the tomatoes but most from the vinegar in the catsup, ketchup, or however it's spelled locally.  Saves time and condiments to go with the vinegar directly; use it with salt - coarse, if available.  A clean wax applicator pad or bug sponge works well, but if you're overrun with lemons, they work fine, too.Bruce Younger 05G HHC 313 RR Bn 3/67-4/68 Madison, SDsluggo54 at hotmail.com "There is no hunting like the hunting of a man and those that have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." E. Hemingway