[SEL] Portland Pictures Finally Up

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Wed Oct 17 11:41:52 PDT 2007

>From: Luke Tonneberger <flywheelin at hotmail.com>
>Subject: [SEL] Portland Pictures Finally Up
>
>Finally had some time to get up this years Portland pictures. One of my
>disks was corrupted and lost all the photos off of it. It was the disk
>with the SEL members engines. Bummer. The rest can be seen here:
>
>http://www.oldengine.org/members/luket/port07/portland2007.htmlLuke
>TonnebergerRockford, MichiganUSA

Hi Luke,
         Your pics are really good - congratulations. Thanks for going to
the trouble.

         You say it's an old Mavica - I'm tempted to say "good camera" but
of course it's not the camera. it's the photographer!

         When I was a "short one" my Dad often teased my Mom when she
prepared a particularly good meal - he'd say "This meat is really nice,
where did you buy it?". Of course her retort was "It's not where I bought
it that's important, but how I prepared it!".

         In similar vein I get pretty peeved when I make something good
(usually woodwork) in my workshop and some idiot says "Hell you really are
lucky to have all these nice tools". Luck has nothing to do with it, I've
worked long and hard to buy every tool or machine that I have but if I did
not know how to use them they would be worthless!

         Then of course there is also the classic one. Someone once said to
Gary Player (our South African world class golfer). "Hell Gary, you are so
LUCKY, you play golf all the time and look how much money you earn for it"

         Gary replied, "Yes it's amazing, but the funny thing is that the
harder I  work (at it) the LUCKIER I get!"

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
See:
www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm