[SEL] Fairbanks Type N Info

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Wed Oct 10 09:28:07 PDT 2007

Thanks Ron.  Thats what I need.  On a side note, I remember about 25
years ago rolling out of Montana with an 8 HP N in the back of my
pickup, a 12 HP N on my trailer (which had a 7000 lb rating) and by the
time I got back to KY, I had a total of 28 engines on both.  Several
were 1 1/2 JDs, a few Economy engines but also on the trailer was a 6 HP
Type T FM.  I blew 2 tires out in Madison, WI and blew a rim off in IL.
When I finally rolled into the house, I noticed one of the wheels sort
of leaning over.   I unloaded the trailer, jacked it up and when I shook
the wheel, it came off in my hands.  The bearings were totally shot and
it had worn the nut on the end of the spindle down considerably.  I had
to replace the whole axle and then it was ready for another trip.  That
old trailer probably has a half million miles on it.

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY