[SEL] Fwd: Letter to the Editor - TOMM

fero_ah at city-net.com fero_ah at city-net.com
Sun Nov 25 21:16:08 PST 2007

Hi Rob,

You reminded me of an experience at the 1000 Engine Rally a few years ago.  A
mate had a "competition model" Fairbanks Morse engine that was in incredible
original condition.  I had never seen one that nice or complete before.  As we
talked, he lamented the fact that while the engine was OK, he couldn't wait to
get a decent brass oiler for it.  I told him he was nuts, and explained the
significance of the cheap steel oiler and how relatively rare they were in that
condition, etc.  Man he was chuffed.  I happened to be nearby and overheard him
explaining the "competition" features and going out of his way to point out the
steel oiler.  I think it had become his favorite engine.

See ya,  Arnie