[SEL] Salesman Sample Olds?

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Sun Nov 25 10:57:49 PST 2007

Tom,
    I don't know how many companies built salesman sample engines but
would guess there were several.  Here are the ones I know of as I've
seen the samples in person:

Olds
Callahan
Hagan
Stickney

    The Olds, Callahan, and Hagan samples were all running engines.  The
Stickney was a bit of a cutaway to show how all the parts worked.  I'm
sure there were many others and I may have seen another make or two but
can't think of them right now.  I doubt that IHC, Otto or other major
manufacturers made samples.  Their name and reputation didn't require
such promotions.  Also, as many IH dealers as there were, I'm sure if
samples had been made there would be a few surviving.

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY