[SEL] Interesting Surplus Shops

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 15:37:41 PST 2007

Before we came over for our week in Phoenix, we asked on the
components newsgroup about surplus places in the area that we could go
and have a rummage through.

One name that came up has turned out to be a little gold mine:

Apache Reclamation & Electronics Inc.,
313 W. Apache Street,
Phoenix, AZ, 85003  602 254 0612

They also have a place in Albuquerque:

Surplus City,
10805 Central N.E.,
Albuquerque,
NM, 87123.  505 292 7131

We haven't been to the NM shop, but the one in Phoenix is well worth a
call if you are over that way. They are technically electronics, but
carry a huge range of mechanical parts like ball and rollers bearings,
bearing housings/blocks, switches, pulleys, chain, connectors and so
on.

We spent an hour or so there and found a few bargains to follow us
back to Tim's place.

The shop front is in three sections, mostly electronics, but if you go
out back, there is a very large racked area, probably 2000-3000sq ft
area. Old radio tubes, semiconducvtors, test gear etc.

Might be useful to folks who are in need or just like brousing round
the old style surplus places.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes