[SEL] Galloway dating

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 23:00:15 PST 2007

On 13/11/2007, rdhaskell at juno.com <rdhaskell at juno.com> wrote:
> Hi all.  Is there a list for dating Galloway engines?  A friend just
> bought a 6 hp #40819.  Thanks.
>
> Ron Haskell

Not related to the original request, Ron, but yesterday morning I had
a trip to Scotland to a Hydro-Electric plant, part of the Galloway
Water Scheme, dated 1936.

It's a 2-turbine 6MW stored water plant with a lake above the station
which is emptied through the turbines in the afternoon/evening peak
demand period, then fills up again overnight and in the morning.

We have just supplied a dual-110V DC charger system and distribution
board for the electrics at the station to be updated. When we go back
to the station later in the month to commission the system, I'll get
some pictures of the station and equipment.

We are off to Phoenix, AZ this morning, we stayed with my sister
overnight as she lives close to Gatwick Airport, saves a 100-mile dash
in the rush-hour!

Peter

--
Peter A Forbes