[SEL] Babbitt Lapping Compound

James Mackessy jmackess at twcny.rr.com
Thu Nov 1 08:42:46 PDT 2007

This sounds very similar to the old "Bon-Ami" kitchen cleanser trick.
Mechanics used to pour it into a fast running engine's air intake to help
seat in a new ring job. It laps, but breaks down quickly into finer and
finer particles. I think I'd want a thorough cleaning afterwards, no matter
what the use. I forget what the mineral is, but there is either pumice or
some type of feldspar in Bon-Ami.
Regards;
Jim Mackessy