[SEL] FW: Austral Oil Engine Register

Patrick M Livingstone pml1 at bigpond.net.au
Thu May 31 23:11:55 PDT 2007

As many of you know the Austral Oil Engine register, compiled over many
years by Peter Willcock, was closed at the end of last year. After much
discussion I am taking over the project, to keep the register alive. There
are still a lot of Australs out there not on the register and still a lot
more information to be found and disseminated.
I hope to compile all the information into a computer data-base over the
next few months and will hopefully soon have it all up and running. This
should allow me to provide maximum benefit for those interested in the
Austral Oil Engines without me filling up all my free time trying to keep
track of it all.
The task makes me appreciate even more the work that others do maintaining
engine registers and researching the history of the engines. It is important
to make the information as available as possible for our fellow enthusiasts
& I hope to do the Austral Register the justice it deserves.

Patrick M Livingstone
Leichhardt NSW
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Index.html
http://www.users.bigpond.com/pml/