[SEL] What's it Worth?

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sat May 26 04:03:40 PDT 2007

Definetly a good buy. I'm trying to remember which one it is. I think yours
is the same as an 1810 except it has hydraulic deck lift--same as the
difference between a 682 and a 782. I beleive yours has the Magnum series
Kohler---most likely a M18. Much better engine than the KT17 in the 82's.
Those had a tendency to let trash stick open the needle valve and flood the
engine with gas while not running. If you didn't check the oil before you
ran it next you wound up with a bill for a new engine---generally too much
labor to pay to rebuild those.

By the way, the size you have as well as one about the size (but of better
quality) than a Murray were the 2 most popular ones sold around here.

John