[SEL] Portland treasures [File Resize] & SIAM

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Fri May 25 23:15:36 PDT 2007

On 25/05/07, Steve Barr <stevebarr at ameritech.net> wrote:
> Bill
>
> I burn to CD/DVD and an external USB hard drive that is pluged in only to
> move files and then stored in a safe.

With most of our own images, we tend to back up to DVD and keep
duplicates on a separate hard drive as well.

Like insurance, if you have it, you never use it....

Other card formats such as Secure Digital and Compact Flash can also
be used as back-up stores in the short term, but the little USB drives
are so cheap now it is worth having a couple around just for general
use.

We save our high resolution scans in TIFF format, but reduce in size
and change to JPEG for website use.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes