[SEL] voltage regulator (kinda related)

Lew Best bee_keeper at earthlink.net
Wed May 16 15:13:59 PDT 2007

Since we're in the subject, I just got a Cushman golf cart with a Kohler
engine that uses the generator (12v) as a starter also.  I found a
wiring diagram for a newer one with a similar setup; it's negative
ground.  I feel this one should be but the ground terminal is large
(fitting the pos battery terminal) & the solenoid cable is too small for
the positive post on the battery.  No battery in it when I got it.  I've
got it running using the positive ground but haven't put a meter on it
to see if it's charging.

I'd prefer to use it with negative ground (unless it spins backward
which I doubt it will); been so many years since I messed with a
generator tho I've forgotten how to re-polarize one.  Pretty sure it's a
Delco.

Thanks!

Lew Best near Waco, TX