[SEL] I'm back.... and PORTLAND!

Tony & Jackie kimmell at verizon.net
Sun May 13 20:19:37 PDT 2007

Hi all,
I'm back on SEL after an 8 year break... good lord, has it really
been 8 YEARS???

Some of you guys will remember me as "Maytag92" from those days.  I
sort of lost interest in the old engine hobby after getting my
drivers license in 1999 and the old car hobby took over.  After
owning about 70-80 cars and trucks in different states of repair (or
deterioration, however you wanna look at it!) that hobby just took up
too much space.  Time to fall back on my REAL passion: old junk!

I've grown a little in the last 8 years... I got married in 2003, had
a daughter in 2005 and will have a son coming soon in early
August!  Got out of high-school and tried the college thing... it
didn't last.  After having a few different jobs over the years I'm
now driving a semi for a local LTL freight company where I've been
for the last 3 years.

It's good to be back in the engine hobby.  I had sold all my Maytags,
Briggs and other engines that I had, and now I guess the only OLD
engine I have is my antique homelite generator.  Although, I have
found a decent engine to get me back in the hobby: a 3hp IHC
model-M.  It's a low-tension overstrike engine and other than that I
know nothing about it at this point.  I am going to pick it up this
Wednesday in Avon, IN.

Avon, IN?  Hell, that's only about 2 hours from PORTLAND!  Might as
well make a day of it and head to Portland after I pick up the
M.  Maybe I can find a little hit-n-miss to go along with my newfound
throttler ;-)

Anyways, it's good to be back and I look forward to hearing from
anyone who's been here long enough to remember me.  Maybe I'll see
some of ya at Portland on Wednesday.

--
Tony Kimmell
Bloomington, IL