[SEL] Blackstone progress

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sat May 5 10:52:38 PDT 2007

At 06:00 PM 05/05/2007, you wrote:
>Message: 6
>Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 17:04:00 -0700
>From: rdhaskell at juno.com
>Subject: [SEL] Blackstone progress
>To: sel at lists.stationary-engine.com, stationary-engine at oldengine.org
>Hi all.
>The past two days I have been working on my Blackstone engine.  The first
>step was getting the flywheel off the crankshaft to get it cleaned up and
>to the proper size.  Here are a few pictures of that effort.  Start here:
>http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=3009370&a=30275996&p=75524614
>Ron Haskell

Hi Ron,
         Thanks for sharing the experience and expertise. I admire your
ingenuity and perseverance.
My puller would never have got those out in it's present form !
         As someone else mentioned - strange that the keys were inserted
diagonally - is there an "engineering reason" for this or maybe a
"manufacturing reason" ?

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787
Intntl.: +2716 365-5787
Cell: 083 293 7191
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans