[SEL] How to Straighten Spoke in Cart Wheel

Rob Skinner rskinner at rustyiron.com
Tue Mar 27 08:05:14 PDT 2007

On Mar 27, 2007, at 7:13 AM, Jim and Diane wrote:

> Paul,
>
> What you need is an Acme Spoke Straightener.  This is a device that
> clamps
> on to both ends of the spoke and applies pressure to the bent
> place.  Make sure you get the tables that specify the pressure.
>
> Jim

Hi Jim,
Having a wobbly wheel with a bent spoke, this thread is of particular
interest to me.  This morning I called the Acme company's sales
department, and their Model J-12 spoke straightener is in stock.
After explaining that I heard of their product from an
internationally recognized group of stationary engine collectors,
they suggested that we could get their "volume discount" for an order
of ten or more units.  Can I put you down for one?