[SEL] Need Oiler Sight Glass

William Young wmlyoung at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 01:37:04 PDT 2007

When I need an oiler sight glass here in Japan I take my vernier caliper every where I go, particularly the grocery store and 100 yen shops.  There are so many glass containers and drinking glasses that it does not take long to find something with the right OD.  The  thickness might not be the same as an original but that's hard to detect when it is mounted and full of oil.  After you have cut a couple glasses and learned how, that dimension will be right on.  Guys over here are making nice looking wine-glass oilers from vinegar bottles.
  Bill
  wmyoung at juno.ocn,ne,jp