[SEL] Magnet meter

Ed stoller edstoller at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 18 19:21:35 PDT 2007

Hello Don,

I don't have any more of the printed circuit boards, but I ordered 10 of
the less sensitive Hall-Effect sensors about a year ago. It took 4 months to
get them.I think the sensor we originally used was too sensitive to use
directly on the magnet as it saturated. So all I can help you with at this
time is the sensor which will cost about as much as the envelope and postage
to send it to you. I made about 15 of the magnet meters  a few years ago and
maybe there are some out there that are not being used that some one could
part with. I use mine mostly on small air cooled engine flywheel magnets.

The project was a little poorly conceived in that the good magneto guys just
hold a magnet up to there favorite I beam and pull it off and know whether
it is good or not. I have always wanted to make a measurement of the magnet
while still installed in the magneto to get a good idea of its condition
before removing it. All I have to work with is the Type R on my FMZ 2 HP.

Ed Stoller
New Fairfield, CT
http://home.earthlink.net/~edstoller/