[SEL] Tom Thumb

Dave Croft dave.croft at ntlworld.com
Mon Mar 12 14:00:37 PDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Ernst" <shop at cccomm.net>
To: "The SEL email discussion list" <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 6:03 PM
Subject: [SEL] Tom Thumb

> Where do I find information such as a serial number list for an
> International Harvester 1 hp Tom Thumb?
> Thanks
> Dave

Hi Dave, of the 100+ engines I have owned in the last 30 years the IHC "Tom Thumb" is
the engine I most regret selling when my wife's failing health caused me to sell most engines
to pay for foreign holidays while we still could travel.
My engine came from Denmark where it had been converted to an air pump but I found most
of the removed bits were still stored. I restored it well & ran it for years.
The main problem I had was the sleeve on the governor that wore out every 2 years & had to be remade twice.
See http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/26047737QuuZsbPbbw?start=36
There is a picture of my engine & a drawing of a Tom Thumb with part numbers.
Dave Croft
Warrington
http://oldengine.org/members/croft/homepage
http://community.webshots.com/user/crftdv