[SEL] Attention Aussies - Austral Question

Brian Watts briwatt at optusnet.com.au
Thu Mar 8 15:06:29 PST 2007

Re- satrting coils 4 of our 5 Blackstones all have perforated stainless
steel coils in Both main & starting chambers some have a mixture of half
mild steel and balance stainless steel in the starting coil, with no load
and( at 180 RPM.)on a cool day and idling for a long time they may stop
after 3 hours or if the air temperature goes down,2 Clutterbucks react the
same, but our 3HP. Vertical has no Timing valve,no main coil and has 7- 5/16
steel nuts in the starting chamber and will idle all day with no load.
When one of our engines stops at a rally it is good for the spectators to
see the eng. and the procedure for re- starting and we now stop and start
regularly during the show
So the stopping problem is now part of our display.
Brian and David Watts
Melbourne
Australia
(03) 97266147