[SEL] Hercules flywheel key removal.

BillMil357 at aol.com BillMil357 at aol.com
Sat Jun 30 17:59:15 PDT 2007

Hey Men,

I got a problem, I needed a flywheel for a 1 3/4S Hercules so I bought a
Hercules block with crankshaft and both flywheels,  At the SIAM show, I got  one
flywheel off the shaft, it just had a regular square key in the flywheel but
the other one has a tapered key driven in the keyway, with no hook on the end
of  the key to pull it out, I clamped some Vise Grips on the key and tried to
pull  it out but the VG's just slipped off the key, I haven't asked for any
help in a  little while but I sure need some now from you experienced mechanics,
also the  flywheel's on my old engine just round over on the inside of the
outer rim of  the flywheel  Serial NO. 326214, where the inside edge of the rim
on the  flywheel's I bought at the SIAM show made a step down before it got to
the  spokes, Ser. No. 375731. Will these Flywheel's interchange?  I put up
three  pictures on my Diesel List, I will list a address to the first one then
click on  the blue arrow at the top right corner of picture to go to the next
pic.

_http://photos.thedieselstop.com/showphoto.php?photo=32220_
(http://photos.thedieselstop.com/showphoto.php?photo=32220)

Thanks,