[SEL] Dempster-Mill 2.5hp

Skip Landis skipl130 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 08:56:00 PDT 2007

domestic & early ottawa engines also had ported cylinders.  see rick, you're being educated.  see ya,  skip

Steve Barr <stevebarr at ameritech.net> wrote:  Rick

Several Engines used "Ported Exhaust" Gade is one of the most common that
used it. I have seen early Galloway's, Ideal/GSM Engines, early Fuller &
Johnson. There are others as well.

It allows the engine to run cooler by exhausting at the back end of the
power stroke prior to the exhaust stroke. The piston at the back of the
stroke uncovers 1/2 of the exhaust port.

Steve
--- Richard Strobel wrote:

Thanks Steve..I am not familiar with that term.
Rick

----

Rick

The engine has Ported Exhaust.