[SEL] EDM

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Wed Jun 27 18:15:24 PDT 2007

Joe,
    When I was getting my undergraduate degree in engineering we used an
EDM to fabricate parts and I remember the name as you state "Electric
Discharge Machine".   I think we used carbon electrodes to do such
things as burn square holes in steel plates and other items.  While I've
never used one, the wire machines they have now are a trick as I've seen
gears and intricate items cut with them that are as good as machined items.

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY