[SEL] It works? Ban it! - Attention Brent

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Sat Jun 23 15:49:22 PDT 2007

John:

I bought a couple of cans of Red Devil Lye just a couple of years ago.  Found it in the drain cleaning section at one store and the detergent/soap section at another.

You COULD do it the old fashioned way and simply slowly pour water over wood ashes.  What results is what they used to make soap in the "good old days".

"sodium hydroxide" (lye) should be commonly available at chemical supply houses.

Take care - Elden
edurand at mchsi.com
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand