[SEL] Show Pictures

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Sat Jun 23 15:21:14 PDT 2007

>Hi All,
>         Pictures of Plow Days, Brownsville, SIAM and Coolspring are now
> up on our
>HP at:
><http://www.oldengine.org/members/rotigel/shows.html>http://www.oldengine.org/members/rotigel/shows.html
>Sorry there are
>so many pictures of the 11 HP Austral, but I DO love that engine!
>         Dave
>What's the story on the steam roller in the weeds? That's just not
>right.  Did you see what kind it is?
>Frank

Hi Frank,
         It's a Buffalo-Springfield road roller. (It runs on gasoline.) The
guy who was driving it decided to go up hill and change gears while doing
so. He missed the gear that he was trying to get it into and rolled down
hill backwards--and into a gully. (The thing apparently has no brakes.)  No
one was hurt luckily! They got the roller out of the gully on Sunday after
the show. Some scratches on the paint, but otherwise no damage. Could have
been a LOT worse!
         Dave