[SEL] Gear Lube for Power Bandsaw

Andy Glines andyglines at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 18 05:21:45 PDT 2007

Assuming that you have a worm gear box (you probably do) then Joe is
correct.  Steam Cyl oil and worm gear oil are the same thing.  In the steam
hobby sometimes we have to ask for worm gear oil when we are looking for
steam cylinder oil.  Refineries are still making cyl oil for worm gear
boxes.  There is not enough demand for cyl oil for steam engines to keep
making it.  I would look for worm/steam cyl oil at an industial supply or
oil jobber.