[SEL] It works? Ban it!

brent.tamatea brent.tamatea at clear.net.nz
Sun Jun 17 12:43:26 PDT 2007

JW Couldnt agree with you more i still am looking for a good alternative for
cleaning the gunk off old moters that are caked in layers of grease even
steam cleaning doent remove all the grease still have to pick it off with a
scaper and wash down with petrol.Have tried  modern citrus flavours cleaners
it just doesnt work unless you leave parts soaking for a while not always
practical.Speaking of paints i recently came across an old tin of roof paint
never been opened i think made late 40s-50s the red barn type variety after
stirring it up you could see it had white lead and linseed oil and red
pigments but it is the best paint to work with i painted an old truck cab
its slow drying easy to touch up i brush painted cant see the brush marks
can see the grinding marks underneath though and covers brilliantly.That was
the only paint i had but it looks really good these paints were more in
keeping with the old coach paints which were more linseed oil based i have
recipes on different paints.
Its interesting but did you realise if the ice melts thats in the sea the
water level will drop its a proven fact that ice occupies more room than
water.It puzzles me that people dont realise this....brent nz