[SEL] OT PA trip & fuel costs

bill at antique-engines.com bill at antique-engines.com
Thu Jun 7 05:14:07 PDT 2007

Because my AMCs will outlast his Jag.............. how many of those will
be around in 37 years (my Jav with 350 hp), or even 27 years (the Eagles,
rust-free) and can still buy off-the-shelf parts for them from Jeep
dealers.

So they were 20+ years ahead of their time, and most of what Chrysler did
in the 90's, even through to today, was already on the AMC tables when
they took over. The Magnum engines, for example, the "cab-forward" design,
etc., all AMC designs. One of the main reasons for the take-over was
Chrysler needed ideas, wasn't able to come up with anything really new, so
they bought AMC for their ideas, designs and technology, much of which has
been released over the last decade. AMC designers worked on Jeep and Dodge
truck designs for years after '87.
Much of what AMC had in the design room was too far ahead of time and
consumers wouldn't buy it back then, but will now.

Compare their ideas and designs of the 70's/80's to today's cars - and see
how many matches you can find.  Do some patent searches.......