[SEL] OT PA trip & fuel costs

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 11:11:38 PDT 2007

On 05/06/07, Paul Pavlinovich <pjp at steamengine.com.au> wrote:
> I was going to echo Peter... but since he's already done it... I do have
> to wonder what the attraction for the car is? I guess it is something
> special when it runs?
>
> ps. Peter - don't forget we supposedly pay on par with the USA... or so
> our oil companies say anyway.
>
> Paul
>
> Peter Lowe wrote:
> > You guys are bitching about nothing, we pay $4.10 to $4.24US a gallon here,
> > that is converted to US gallons and Oz $ to US$, that is on a good day.
> > Seeing you guzzle the largest amount of the worlds GAS, why shouldn't you
> > pay for it. (smile) now watch the flames get thrown ;-)))
> > It is only going to get more expensive, so hang on to you wallets.
> >
> > Peter, Oz

You all need to to take a trip to the UK to see high fuel prices....

£0.99p per litre on the freeways, that is close to $US 1.85 or
whatever today's exchange rate is, then convert to US or Imperial
gallons as the case may be.

Since we moved our factory to just around the corner from where we
live, it has saved us nearly $US1000.00 a month in fuel, not to
mention our driving time and vehicle wear and tear.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com