[SEL] Old Tank Cooled Engine Still Used

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 19:58:14 PDT 2007

Howdy Folks,

I have been following the progress of a group of three young men in Sweden as they build a Wood-Gas powered car and are right now driving it around Sweden.
They had places set up to restock there wood block fuel supply.
While they are on the road everything is written in Swedish, but I found a couple interesting pictures.
It seems they found another guy that is running his car on Wood-Gas and he has an old tank cooled engine belted up to a wood chopper.

Anyone know what this engine is?

http://www.vedbil.se/dagbok/resa/pics/11-6.JPG

Here is the wood chopper. (Looks like fun.)

http://www.vedbil.se/dagbok/resa/pics/11-5.JPG

Here is how I know it is a wood chopper.

http://www.vedbil.se/dagbok/resa/pics/11-5.JPG

Here is their red Volvo and the car belonging to their wood providing host.

http://www.vedbil.se/dagbok/resa/pics/11-4.JPG

Here is their home page.

http://www.vedbil.se/indexe.shtml

I  hope someone besides me finds this interesting.
It IS gas engine related.
The actual gasifier in their car was built during WWII.

Alan Bowen
Williamsburg, Michigan