[SEL] Sorta engine related.....

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Wed Jul 18 11:17:50 PDT 2007

Guys and gals,
This is kinda engine related.....at least it has an engine. :-)
Son Devin is a little over 14 now and in a couple of years will be
driving. So we've been thinking about what kind of vehicle would be kewl
for a kid to drive yet won't go too fast. Granddad had an old Willys
Overland  Jeep wagon that I remember driving in the orange groves in
Florida in years ago. So I've been sending Devin pictures of these
wagons and somewhere in there he discovered the pickups. That was what
he decided he wanted. I tried to explain to him that there wasn't much
room in the cab of these pickups, and if he was carrying a saxophone and
a book bag, there would be no room left for a passenger. But I didn't
convince him......
So I decided I needed to find both a pickup and a wagon for him to sit
in. Got lucky and found both not too far away and last Saturday the
family went to check them out. Devin sat in the truck for about 2
minutes and concluded that it didn't fit him. (Can't move the seat
back!) He immediately changed his sites to the wagon and fell head over
heals for it. So yesterday we took the truck and trailer and picked the
wagon up. Missy was busy on the camera and took these photos as we
loaded and unloaded.
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/Willys%20Overland/Thumbnails.html>

So we've got a project that will take us a couple of years to complete.
As you can imagine Devin is pretty excited and ready to get started.
Hopefully with all the sweat equity he puts in it, he will take good
care of it.
Hope you enjoy. If anyone knows a source of parts for these please let
me know.....especially sheet metal patch panels.
Curt