[SEL] anyone still alive!

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Wed Jul 18 08:46:30 PDT 2007

Russell & Curt:

I just GOTTA ask..........What is the cash crop in Mildura?  Mildew?

If so, do you folks have a Robigus Festival every spring?  You know, stuff like parades of mildew combines and balers and lots of booths giving away samples of products made of mildew.  Must be a place where everyone wears blue (and green and white) suede shoes.

In Roman mythology, Robigus ("wheat rust" or "mildew") was a fertility god who protected crops against diseases. He was worshipped alongside his sister Robigo for over 1700 years. His festival was the Robigalia on April 25. Worshipers would make offerings that were coloured red, such as red wine or the sacrifice of red dogs, as this is the colour of wheat rust.

I can go with the red wine part (offered to ME!) but will gladly leave out the dog part.

Take care - Elden