[SEL] A day at the sale

Russell Gilbert russell at ncable.com.au
Wed Jul 18 04:55:24 PDT 2007

Just to get some engine talk going. Rumor had it I went to Qld just
to go for an engine sale. Well thats a load of rubbish and could not
be more far from the truth !!! What actually happened is that I took
my family to Qld for a week of R & R and low and behold there just so
happened to be a sale just up the road from me while we were there.
So I gave the wife a few bob to go shopping (which is just no fun
when I go) and so they could have a relaxing day I had to find myself
something else to do!   So I dragged myself out of bed way before
daylight, sneaked out of the house and went to the Dayboro engine sale :-o

I wish I had bigger pockets as there was some really nice stuff for
sale. Prices were very reasonable I must say. I met up with some
mates from down south (some from the SEL) and met some other engine
folks of names I have heard spoken about. Bought a couple of roughy
engines; spent the rest of the day with Tim Macaire from the Anson
Museum (who also bought a rusty old engine) before we both went to
John Rutherfords place (Tangye restorer from the TOMM) for more
engine fun. Burnt up 1/2 a litre of Jet A1 in his little jet engine
he has made. What a great toy. Ran out out of juice in about 3
minutes!  Also had a play in the big shed seeing and starting the new
Tangye from the last TOMM. Very nice resto once again and a must see
from anyone going to the National.

So there you go; if you want to see the couple of engines I bought I
just put them up on my webshots in "MY Shed" pics. They are the first
two you see.
regards Russell

PS: got home just after dark to share a nice cold beer with the wife
who only beat me back buy about 20minutes. She had a good day also :-)

Russell Gilbert
Sunny Sunraysia
russell at ncable.com.au
http://community.webshots.com/user/russellsrelics