[SEL] Fairbanks T

Dave Ernst shop at cccomm.net
Sun Jul 8 05:43:08 PDT 2007

Turns out that with all of them installed there was too much friction. When
the piston was in the bore I couldn't hardly move it.
Ended up with 4 in the top and center grooves with spacers and the bottom
groove empty. It's installed and has plenty of compression.  Maybe only for
now, but I can add more rings later if need be.
BTW, had to remove .030 from the ring groove bottom to make them fit.  Guys
were teasing me that I'd probably end up machining the piston in half......

Dave