OT Re: [SEL] Winter Exercise for Engine Collectors

Russell Gilbert russell at ncable.com.au
Tue Jan 30 15:00:15 PST 2007

we didn't have any luck Arnie with the crocks!
Another story was how dad and I set some over night lines in some
favourite fishing holes. We did a midnight check on them after a few
coldies, anyway one of the lines was nowhere near where I cast it but
rather tangled in some weeds. I couldn't budge it but new something
big was on it .... So in the drink I go swimming to recover this big
mother fish ........ at midnigh, 1/2 pissed ....... anyway I ended up
ducking under a little to pull the reeds out that it was entangled in
then swimming back to the boat. Holding the line with one hand and
untangling the weeds with the other (quite a feet with the state I
was in) I finally realised out catch! Pulling the line through the
weeds we both nearly S---t ourselves when this big long neck pocked
out of the water. First thought was a bloody snake! .............. we
got a large river turtle. bugger, all that for nothing. I cut it free
and went back to camp for another beer!
Russ