[SEL] Propane Torch

Joseph L Betz jlb94 at juno.com
Fri Jan 26 18:52:28 PST 2007

Hi Glenn,

Why don't ya go with a plumber's Acetyline torch ?

We used to use propane torches in the vinyl / asbestos tile trade.
But, today, they just use the small ones due to fire regulations.
For some reason, we aren't allowed to take a tank & torch on the job.

I have one from a company called Goss Gas here in Glenshaw, (Pittsburgh,)
PA.
You can run it at idle and there is a lever that allows a good blast of
propane
when you want to use it.  We also use a regulator on the tank.
We used the 10 lb tank which was short & stubby compared to the 20 lb
used on Propane Grills.

A torch setup back then ( 10-20 years ago ) cost around $150
Probably over $250 now.

Check out their site -
http://www.gossonline.com/site/combination_torch_&_tip.php
Pan down to # AP-55   (Ready Flame Propane Torch)

A bit of an over-kill to solder pipes but nice to have.

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com - - - www.oldengine.org/members/betz
 ,-._,-.      http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz
 \/)"(\/   "Time is the most valuable thing one can spend."
 (_o_)