[SEL] First Engine

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Mon Jan 22 05:01:53 PST 2007

In a message dated 1/22/2007 4:14:27 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dave.croft at ntlworld.com writes:
Tom sent me his pictures & I have posted them at

Tom,

Your engine appears to be in good shape and parts complete, although the
photos are somewhat blurry.

The muffler is missing but a repro can be bought from Starbolt or Hit and
Miss for around $40

The tank filler spout cap is incorrect, but no big deal.  It should be a pipe
cap rather than a pipe plug.  An original can be found at some shows.

Take the starting crank and hang it on a nail in your shop and leave it
there!  Do not use to start engine as you may end up with busted teeth!

As someone else mentioned the $500 price is a good starting point and offer
him 4-450 and see what happens.

Tom Schmutz
Concord, Va.
Germoamer at aol.com