[SEL] First Engine

Charles R Bryant mogul460 at localnet.com
Sun Jan 21 09:15:46 PST 2007

Tom,

Here are some more suggested items to check:

Does it have a name tag and is it located on the front
of the hopper or top of the crankcase?

Does it have a breather on the rear end of the crank case?

Does it have a pulley? Starting crank? Grease cups and oiler?

Any welds on the head or water hopper? Fuel mixer valves free?

Check flywheels for any cracked spokes and crank shaft not bent
(by turning flywheels).  Do not turn flywheels until you are certain
the fuel pump and valves are not stuck.

Is it on original skids? Trucks(cart).  Governor fork and sleeve
in good condition?

Just an opinion. Unless it is an understrike engine or in excellent
condition I would consider $500 to be the asking price. Like Tom S.
advised  see if you can get a engine guy to look at the engine with you.
If not guys on the SEL will help you out.

Charlie Bryant
Jay,Maine