[SEL] Thermo-syphon Question

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Sat Jan 20 22:04:32 PST 2007

Bill,

I can't talk about the F20, but the John Deeres of that era were cooled by
thermo-siphon.  The operators manual included a nice drawing of the process.
It is interesting to note that the top of the radiator is huge compared with
the rest of the radiator.  Adds a lot of weight that you notice when
removing the radiator from a D John Deere.  The top of the radiator on the D
holds well over a gallon of water.  The operator was cautioned to use the
shutters on the front of the radiator to keep the temperature at 190* on the
guage.

Gary