[SEL] Gold on rod

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Sat Jan 20 06:15:48 PST 2007

  "Hey kids, what time is it?"  <vbg>

  Showin' my age there...anyway after a big screwup, I was forced to melt
the babbitt off the rod.  The remains after a light brushing were
interesting.  Just wondering if this was some sort of tinning that Henry
used on this Fordson?

  Any thoughts?  This is turning out to be a fun one!!  Rods are marked
"Made in England".  Evidence shows that #3 piston and rod tried to escape
and had to be replaced.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2716528920039077051WGbuyX

Live is Good..always lookin' for a New Way Mixer...may have to take Arnie
and Jerry up on the Novo tag.  Thought I found it with the boss' vacuum
cleaner, but not to be...found a rock.

"Stayin' warm in the Big Sky,
Rick
PS:  Note to self..take the boss' vacuum cleaner to repair shop ASAP.