[SEL] fuel supply for engine

peter ogborne jopeter at omninet.net.au
Sat Jan 20 01:43:49 PST 2007

Any comments welcome.....
I am working on a hot tube engine and the fuel supply is worrying me . I am
making an inspirator to supply air to the vapour  chamber .The inspirator
will have a regulated needle valve
 fuel inlet into it .From there the normal course of events
takes place ,i.e. through the vapour valve and into the combustion
chamber.My
question is ...getting the fuel to the inspirator.If I have a gravity feed
then in the non firing period I will or could flood the fuel vapour
chamber.A suggestion has been made that i use a low level fuel tank with non
return valve in the line that will only draw fuel as required by the hit and
miss valve system. Another idea would be a fuel pump delivering as
required.As I have no idea of the make of this engine and nothing to copy
from it is all ''make up''
Any suggestions would be most welcome.
Peter Ogborne
Little Grove ,Albany